Holiday Camps 2020
Latest Update 24/09/2020
No new government guidance has been released. We will therefore continue to offer our ‘Gold Standard’ service and only offer full week bookings at this time.
Latest Update 15/07/2020
Following the latest guidelines from the Department for Education, Elite will be opening its doors to all children from 20th July.
We will continue to follow the latest government guidelines, ensuring we can run in a safe and COVID-secure way.
We are currently looking into the possibility of offering individual days or shorter weeks. An announcement will follow in due course.
Latest Update 05/07/2020
We are delighted to inform you that following the latest guidelines from the Department for Education, Elite will be back up and running this summer!
Guidelines state that only children that attend St Neot’s are able to attend currently, but we are expecting further guidance soon that will allow all children to attend our setting this summer. This is expected to be released by the 20th July. We are hoping that further guidance will also mean we can offer a bit more flexibility in terms of days booked and not having to book a full week. Bookings for August will open soon but we will continue to only offer full week blocks at this time. This may change when further guidance has been received.
While there are many changes to ensure we can run in a safe and secure way, we will ensure your children have a great time with new and old friends.
Please see planning details below giving further details regarding the running of clubs this summer.
Latest Update 30/06/2020
We just wanted to keep you updated with the latest Government Updates –
When bookings were initially opened we believed that we fell under the latest government release allowing childcare settings to reopen from the 1st June. Further guidance has since been released aimed specifically at holiday clubs providers stating that we are not yet allowed to open at this time. Positive news then followed stating, “The government and the Department for Education do want holiday clubs to open this summer, so the complete block on holiday clubs is expected to be lifted on 4 July”. Along with allowing the reopening of holiday clubs the DfE will be releasing further guidance for us to follow which is expected before the 4th July.
While time frames are tight we are planning to open as expected on the 6th July. We will prepare as initially planned, following the DfE guidelines that have been produced for schools. If for whatever reason the new guidelines are delayed or we feel guidelines cannot be met due to such short notice, then we may have to delay the opening of Elite.
We continue to remain positive that we will open from 6th July
Protective measures at Elite Holiday Clubs are taking in light of coronavirus (COVID-19)
The safety of your child and of our staff at Elite Holiday Clubs is our top priority. We are working hard, following the latest Government guidance, which will allow us to open as safely as possible, focusing on measures that will help limit the risk of COVID-19 transmission within our setting this summer.
Having risk assessed, reviewed and updated relevant policies, and put into place measures to prevent the spread of illness via the COVID-19 virus. Some of the steps we are taking include:
- Anyone who is displaying coronavirus symptoms, or who lives with someone who does, not to attend the setting.
- Children should wash their hands before leaving home. On arrival at Holiday Club they will sanitise their hands and then wash them once they are within their bubble. Children will also wash their hands after using the toilet, after breaks, sporting activities and outside time, before eating, before leaving Holiday Club and at regular intervals in the day
- Standard day will run from 8.30-17.00 daily. Early drop off and late pick is no longer available. Flexible drop off (8.30-9.30am) and flexible pick up (16.00-17.00pm) will still be available. Unfortunately, there will be no care available outside of these hours. If you would like to drop off later or collect earlier outside of these times it can be arranged.
- Parents to physically distance from each other and from staff when dropping off and collecting their children and to limit drop off and collection to one parent or carer per household
- A member of staff from your child’s bubble will be present at drop off and pick up
- Children should wear a clean set of clothes each day (staff will also follow this measure).
- Children will be kept in small groups (of a maximum of 15 children) with consistent staffing and minimising contact with other groups
- Ensuring all children understand good respiratory hygiene by promoting the ‘catch it, bin it, kill it’ approach and ensuring a good supply of tissues and pedal bins in each bubble and outside space
- Children are asked not to bring toys or other items from home, unless this is essential to their health and wellbeing
- We ask that children arrive each day with a packed lunch and snacks (2 snacks, please ensure they are nut free)
- Please ensure that your child’s water bottle and lunch box is cleaned everyday after Holiday Club
- Children are asked to arrive with suncream applied and bring in their own named suncream as stock suncream will not be available
- Where possible the majority of activities will be outside
- Children will be discouraged from sharing equipment and resources (for example stationery). Extra resources and equipment will be issued to each bubble.
- Cleaning hands more often than usual: we have developed routines to ensure children understand when and how to wash their hands, making sure they wash them thoroughly for at least 20 seconds using running water and soap and drying them thoroughly, or use alcohol hand rub or sanitiser ensuring that all parts of the hands are covered
- Implementing an enhanced cleaning schedule, ensuring surfaces touched by children and staff are cleaned regularly and throughout the day, including table tops, door handles and play equipment
- Surfaces will be cleaned regularly and our school cleaners will thoroughly clean every day after Holiday Club
- Doors and windows will be open as much as possible for air flow (taking into consideration Health and Safety and Safeguarding protocols)
- Toilet facilities will be allocated to each bubble
- It is not deemed necessary for staff or children to wear face masks or PPE, unless dealing with an unwell child
- We will keep up to date with all Government publications and announcements
For further information please don’t hesitate to contact us